Tips About Balayage
- Depending on how intense the balayage look is, you should schedule salon visits no more than 8-12 weeks apart.
- If you want to keep your greys covered, it is recommended you come back to the salon every 4-6 weeks for regrowth touch-up.
- Loving your balayage after 6 weeks but need a little tweak? Stop at the salon for a color or clear gloss.
- You’ll want to wash your hair at least once a week with a purple shampoo and conditioner, especially if you like it on the ash blonde side.
- Long hair should be trimmed at least every 8-12 weeks. If you notice more breakage or split ends, it could be cut as frequently as 6-8 weeks.
- If your hair won’t hold a style it is ready for a cut.
- If your cut has lost its shape and looks dull it is ready for a cut.
Keratin Treatment Tip
- Typically lasts three to five months. This all depends on how often you shampoo and the natural texture of your hair.
- You must use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner!
- This treatment can be done as often as every 4 to 6 months.
- BRUSHING: Use the REVEAL flex brush to brush your hair at least twice a day from roots to ends, securing your hair with the other hand to prevent tension on the roots. Brush well before wetting your hair.
- WASHING: Do not shampoo the hair within the first 48 hours of the installation. After wetting the hair well, gently apply the shampoo to the root area. Using your fingers, lightly massage between the tape/bonds, separating them well to remove any residue and oils. Rinse out. Do not vigorously scrub your hair as tangling may occur. Apply conditioner from mid-length to the ends. Never condition at the root area. For deeper conditioning, leave conditioner on for a few extra minutes or use a hydrating treatment once a week. Do not go to sleep with wet hair, as this will cause tangling and knotting. Loosly braid hair before you go to sleep.
- STYLING: Your new extensions can be styled endlessly but there are a few recommendations. Do not aim a blow dryer directly at the tape/bond area. Do not flat iron the tape/bond. Apply heat protection spray to the ends of your extensions. To protect them from excessive heat styling damage.
- ACTIVITIES: Before any physical activity (pool, beach, gym, biking, etc.), secure hair welling a braid or under a cap. Make sure to wash hair very well soon after to remove any chemicals, sweat or residue.